Title of page - Introduction of ‘’ MOTSUNABE RAKUTENCHI ‘’ – The most famous of Fukuoka, the home of Motsunabe offal hotpot. Welcome to MOTSUNABE RAKUTENCHI！ Thank you for your interest in Fukuoka specialty, Motsunabe (offal hotpot). Fukuoka is famous for its good food and Motsunabe, the countrywide sensation that originated from Hakata. We are among the most famous of Fukuoka, the home of Motsunabe. In recent years,not only Japanese but also many tourists have visited Rakutenchi for Fukuoka’s specialty dish Motsunabe from foreign countries. Rakutenchi is the perfect place to check one of Fukuoka’s specialities! About us Our specializes in Motsunabe, a type of hot pot made with beef entrails. MOTSUNABE RAKUTENCHI was established 38 years ago and keeps the traditional taste. Our soup is made from secret blend soup. The traditional soy sauce based soup is finished with a secret sauce that has been passed on for 38 years.Our retro-flavored Izakaya Japanese style structure and traditional taste reminds you of a scene of the 1980s to 2000s. The total number of visitor has reached 7.19 million as of 2015. If you have chance to try our Motsunabe once, you can’t forget! We pride ourselves in our Motsunabe
- We are famous for a large helping of Motsunabe – a heap of top quality fresh cabbage and Chinese chives are sweet and delicious!. A brimming vegetables creating a mountain of sorts, and will have a large impact on everyone. People cannot help looking at it and taking pictures!
- Motsunabe dishes are widely believed to be fatty. However, quite contrary to its looks, its taste is quite plain and healthy. The flavor of the soup is brought out by removing excess fats from beef offal. You can’t get enough of our tasty Motsunabe!
Rakutenchi Tenjin Head Office -The oldest historical Rakutenchi. (The originator of Motsunabe!)Address : 2F 1-10-14, Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka City Fukuoka Tel: 092-741-2746 3 minute walk from Tenjin Subway Station.( a place back from the alley on the left side of Starbucks Coffee Media Mall Tenjin. next to the Ramen-ZEN)
Rakutenchi Nishinakasu – close to the famous Nakasu Yatai area (outdoor night food stalls)Address: 2F 3-11-14, Haruyoshi, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka City Fukuoka Tel: 092-715-2524 5 minute walk from Tenjin Minami Subway Station(close by Haruyoshi Intersection. on the opposite side of Toyoko Inn Hakata Nishi-nakasu.You can see our big sign board faces the Kokutai Dori Street.)
Rrakutenchi Hakataeki-mae – Small, at-home atmosphere!Address:2-5-23 Hakata Ekimae Hakata-ku Fukuoka-city Fukuoka Tel: 092-451-8970 3 minutes walk from Hakata-guchi exit of JR Hakata Station (just behind the Yakitori-ya Restaurant “Sengoku yakitori Ieyasu”)
Rakutenchi Shinkansen-guchi – Newly opened with table seating and Japanese horigotatsu-style!Address: 2F 2-2-27 Hakata Ekihigashi Hakata-ku Fukuoka-city Fukuoka Tel: 092-441-7744 3 minutes walk from Chikushi-guchi exit of JR Hakata Station. (just behind the Miyako Hotel. You can see our red sign board ahead of you )
- ● What is “Motunabe”？
- Motsunabe is Fukuoka’s specialty dish and a typical soul food. This hot-pot featuring beef entrails (motsu) ,garlic and plenty of vegetable like cabbage, Chinese garlic chives in traditional soy sauce based soup has gained popularity across Japan. Motsunabe Rakutenchi is among the most famous of Fukuoka, the home of Motsunabe. Many of tourists from all over the country visit us..
- ● How much does motsunabe usually cost at Rakuenchi?
- ZANMAI Set Menu (5 courses) : 2,350 yen (about $19) Highly recommend to satisfy all the Big Eaters!MANZOKU Set Menu (4 courses): 1,950 yen (about $15) The most popular full-course Motsunabe! ＊A portion motsunabe : 950 yen (about $7)
- ● Why does everybody eat “Motsunabe”?
- Motsunabe is regional traditional hot pot dish of Fukuoka and has become one of the most popular dishes in the area. Motsunabe taste is quite plain and healthy. The flavor of the soup is brought out by removing excess fats from beef offal. You can’t get enough of our tasty Motsunabe! It’s relatively simple! In addition to the offal, Motsunabe contains only a handful of ingredients like cabbage, chives in traditional,garlic and add red pepper as you like. Put them together and you know what this dish is all about. Give it try and you will see why it is such a hit! Motsunabe taste is suppressed by adding Vegetable ‘’Umami’’ and the taste becomes more mellow
- A pot is filled with our secret soy sauce based soup and prepared beef offal and boiled for a while right at your table. Cabbage, garlic and other vegetables are added. Cook at high heat about 5 or 7 minutes until tender. (leave the first brew to eat champon noodles even tastier!)
- stir Motsu and vegetables with a ladle. Motsunabe taste is doubled by adding Vegetable umami and the taste becomes more mellow.
- After a while add some more Motsu then cook at high heat again about about 2 minutes.
- Our special champon noodles are often added to the leftover soup in the pot at the end of the meal to creating a tasty way to end the meal.The noodles are absorbed the flavor of the soup very well and can’t stop eating!
- ● Is Rakutenchi popular with foreign tourists?
- Motsunabe is regional traditional hot pot dish of Fukuoka and has become one of the most popular dishes in the area. Healthy, delicious and cheap. In recent years, not only Japanese, but many tourist have visited from foreign countries such as China, Taipei or Thai, especially from South Korea. And visitors increase in number year by year. Lastly, we are sincerely looking forward to welcoming you and have you enjoy Fukuoka’s wonderful food!